Make your Transition to Cloud ERP Smooth and Successful
On-premise ERP systems revolutionized businesses by bringing multiple functions into a customized, unified, automated platform that minimized inefficiencies, reduced risks, and made organizations more profitable. However, with many vendors making software end-of-life announcements, the on-premise legacy ERP systems may no longer receive support or upgrades after their latest versions. This is the time for organizations to decide whether to stay on with the current systems, or upgrade to new cloud-based ERP applications that can boost your digital transformation journey.
Is your organization ready to explore a holistic cloud ERP solution, such as Sage X3 that is successfully driving growth, efficiencies, and profitability for business across sectors? Read on for expert insights on transitioning to a cloud ERP system.
Why Migrate from On-Premise ERP to Cloud Software?
A cloud ERP system allows the flexibility and scalability that is unmatched by any on-premise ERP solution. Some of the advantages of a cloud ERP solution include:
- Flexible anytime-anywhere access, superior real-time insights, and unparalleled business intelligence capabilities
- More secure infrastructure for protecting business information
- Connections to support teams for maintaining round-the-clock operational efficiencies
- Freeing up valuable real estate as you no longer need to host the servers or other infrastructure on your premises
- Savings on CapEx costs due to reduced hardware, software, and licensing costs
- Other benefits from advanced capabilities in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT).
3 Tips for Moving from On-Premise ERP to Cloud ERP
Migrating from an on-premise ERP to a cloud-based ERP involves similar steps as a new ERP system implementation. This includes finding the right ERP implementation partner, preparing a data reconciliation strategy, testing and configuring the system, training your teams, and building a solid ERP deployment plan.
Below are some of the proven methods that can help you tackle the known, as well as unknown complexities of moving to a cloud ERP application.
TIP 1: Form a Project Team
The first step in ensuring a successful ERP upgrade is to create a cross-functional project team, along with an executive sponsorship. The ERP project team will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the entire project, including managing the scope, budget, and timing of the new ERP system migration
- Obtaining senior management buy-in and managing expectations across the organizational hierarchy
- Gathering business requirements and determining the key factors for finalizing the ERP vendors and service providers
- Acting as the point of contact for the employees, as well as the vendors during the ERP system design, configuration, deployment, and adoption.
TIP 2: Establish a Data Management Strategy
The most critical and tedious aspect of the project is migrating all the data from your on-premise ERP to the cloud ERP system. This requires clear and consistent processes and protocols across the organization for data reconciliation, cleanup, storage, protection, and transfer. A well-planned data management strategy will also designate data owners for each functional area, making them accountable for a complete and accurate data migration.
TIP 3: Prioritize Change Management
Besides ironing out the technical complexities of the ERP system migration, the organization will need to focus on the human aspect of the project. Managing pushbacks from employees, providing proper training and sensitization, and ensuring constant engagement and communication is important at every step of the project.
Explore Sage X3 – A Powerful, Versatile Cloud ERP Solution
As a new-age, industry-tailored cloud ERP solution, Sage X3 can help your organization become more agile, efficient, and profitable than your existing on-premise ERP system. Multi-level compliance, flexible and intuitive deployment options, superior user interface, and robust analytical functionalities are just some of the ways Sage X3 can help your business stay ahead of the curve.
At Panni, we have the experience and expertise to help organizations upgrade from an on-premise ERP to a cloud ERP solution. Whether it is business case development, ERP customization, or deployment and adoption, we can help your business on every aspect of your ERP system transition.
Contact us to speak to one of our experts at Panni today.