SharePoint Saturday is an event held by the Calgary SharePoint User Group. Panni is pleased to be the Gold sponsor for this event.
The SharePoint Saturday event offers the unique opportunity to bring professionals and users with excellent training and networking opportunities. SharePoint administrators, end users, architects, developers, and other professionals that work with Microsoft SharePoint Technologies will meet for the 1st ever SPS Events Calgary event on May 31, 2014 at New Era Technology, located at 300, 633 6 Ave SW Calgary, AB.
Join us at the SharePoint Saturday event in Calgary.
Session: How SharePoint can be leveraged to automate and improve efficiencies in the Accounts Payable process
Details of the session are as below:
Many companies today are automating their Accounts Payable (AP) departments to cut down on costs and quicken their payment process to get significant supplier discounts on time. This presentation will cover how SharePoint can be leveraged to automate AP department by building a solution which can receive electronic supplier invoices, generate workflows based on invoice data, and later integrate into the ERP system.
The format of this presentation will be a case study based on the biggest oil country tubular goods company based in Calgary, Alberta. The Accounts Payable case study will cover the following:
- Brief description of company and business issues facing their invoicing department
- SharePoint portal to receive invoices, which can receive invoices, based on manual entry or integration with supplier ERP systems, or reading of uploaded invoices through OCR
- Routing of invoices based on invoice data and leveraging SharePoint workflow capabilities
- Electronic record keeping of invoices by leveraging document management capabilities of SharePoint
- After invoice approvals, direct creation of invoices in ERP systems by integrating SharePoint with the ERP system